Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Value of Family

Okay here is a picture of my nephew Evan Meyer Robinson and of course his Grandma (my mom). Sorry about the grainy quality but it's just a mobile phone image for now. Little ones teach us what it means to constantly be filled with wonder at the great world around us. Playing with him is probably one of the most enjoyable things I do in life and something that you can never really get enough of.







Here is another family picture, this one of my cousin Eric learning about physics using a Pilates ball and my Uncle Ben as the teacher. Today's lesson, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So if five year old Eric takes the Pilates ball and runs at Uncle Ben who is about four times his size, the reaction is that Eric goes flying backwards and ends up hitting his tailbone on the sofa, even though he thinks he's invincible Eric soon learns this is not the case.






Today was our Birthday celebration for the month. My dad's side of the family all gather at my grandfather's house and we BBQed some ribs and chicken, had some baked beans, and corn (not on the Cob because SOMEONE left that at home when they had been reminded to bring it over). In any case it's good to be around family and continually renew those bonds of love, cause if your family can't love you who can? I've got to say I'm really blessed in that because I have a huge family and there is plenty of love. Well enough sappy stuff for a month I think. I'm off to see what can be done with the rest of the evening. Later all.

No comments: