Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Skyrockets in Flight...

Okay so as you all probably know, Zorro and the Blue Footballs (our team name for trivia) totally bombed out of trivia on Monday night due to horribly phrased questions and incorrect answers that the judge's insisted were right (well we never argued but I'm pretty sure we couldn't have done as bad as we did unless the judges were cheating us). Anyways, tonight was a whole new ball game. Instead of going out to play pool, shoot darts, and drink then ending up singing kareoke. We went out with the actual intention of singing kareoke. Very little drinking occured at our table this evening. Matt (Stites) and I did our rendition of Rapper's Delight which got a nice round of applause and a few compliments. Then we suffered through untold hours of agony as people chose the slowest, saddest country songs that were available in the book and then proceeded to sing them horribly. Nikole sang two songs in her very distinctive voice that can totally belt out hits with more volume and power then one would imagine coming out of her tiny little frame (I will say the second song probably wasn't such a great choice because I'm not sure she knew it as well as the first but she still did a hell of a lot better then most people in that place on the second, the first song she did was probably one of the best sung tonight). However, I have to say that the award for the best done kareoke song was "Wake me Up before you Go-Go" by wham as sung by Matt, Matt, and John. We missed most of the first verses, I thought the song was over before it was and had put my mike down, then a little after Matt (Stites) thought the song was over before it was and had put his mike down. The worse part is that Stites was the only one who really knew the words and he has the worst voice out of us three. In any case we left quickly so we didn't suffer through more of sad, sad country songs folks were picking. Side note, even though John spent five years in Troy he had never heard of the song, "She thinks my tractor's sexy". He is a big disappointment. Well goodnight all.

P.S. Unfortunatly we did not get to sing "Afternoon Delight" as Matt and I wanted to, nor did John and I get to sing "One Week", the country songs were just too bad to hang around.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Kareoke is normally not a thing me nor Jason do, as neither one of us can sing. I sing so poorly that people pay me not to sing, but we went out with a friend the other day and it was a lot of fun, to watch might I add.

Granted most of us were wasted and well, that was what made it fun. But there were some kick ass song chosen including Vanilla Ice (that was good fun). But the way I see it, if we get to go to japan as planned, Kareoke is going to become a much loved or hated past time. Its that or try to become awesome at DDR and I just don't see that happening...